So You Want to Open a Patisserie
- Gain more knowledge on different French pastries by learning about the different recipes and the history behind them, and researching on other patisseries, especially the kind and quality of food they offer, as well as how they do business. Also learn how to become a pastry chef.
- Every business venture should have a business model. You should identify who you want to market your products to, find a good location, determine the budget you will need to put up this kind of business, decide on staffing, acquire the necessary supplies and ingredients, and come up with a good way to get your name out there.
- When in need of financial assistance, you will have to present your ideas well. Whether it be a family member, a friend or some other investor, see to it that you point out all the important details so that they are assured that your patisserie is worth investing in. Also make sure you turn to those whom you really trust with such a risky endeavor.
- Aside from having a good business model, it is also important that you follow a legal business structure. For this reason, you need to consult an attorney, as well as an accountant, to discuss all the legalities that come with opening a patisserie. This includes registering your business and getting all the necessary permits.
- Make sure to source your ingredients well. Use fresh and quality products to be able to bring out more authentic flavors with your pastries, which will definitely help you have an edge over the competition.
- It is also important that you know how to delegate duties among the staff, and make sure they understand that this kind of business requires early work hours. You will need to have someone open up early in the morning, so plan your staff’s schedules well.
- Before opening for business, build hype. Learn how to effectively market your business and see to it that you emphasize what you have over other patisseries and pastry shops. And as you finally open your doors, remember to constantly monitor your progress and make adjustments accordingly.
Recommended For You